|11:58 a.m. on October 20, 2004|
1. My first memory was before I could walk or talk I was in church & the Monsignor made the sign of the cross on my forehead with his cold thumb.
2. In the first grade I won 1st place in the school talent show for singing: “How Much is That Doggie in the Window”.
3. My dog, Gus was on the stage with me.
4. The prize was a humongous ice cream sundae from Henny Penny.
5. I am the youngest of 3.
6. My brother & sister always thought I was spoiled & were jealous of me.
7. As a result, I have spent most of my life sucking up to them.
8. My sister took me to my fist concert, which was to see Duran Duran at the Oakland Coliseum.
9. She also took me to my second concert, which was INXS at the Warfield Theater.
10. She also took me to get my ears pierced for the first time when I was 9.
11. We both became addicted to ear piercing & have 15 pierced ear holes between us.
12. I wish I stuck with the piercing route, but it lead down the path to ink.
13. I have 7 tattoos.
14. I was allergic to the blue ink in the last tattoo I got.
15. This resulted in a miserable all over body rash that lasted 8 months.
16. Despite that, I am still considering getting another tattoo.
17. When my sister (7 years older) went away to college, I cried like the world was ending.
18. Then I got to visit her in the SF State dorms & a whole new world was born.
19. When my brother (5 years older) went away to college, I cried like the world was ending.
20. Then he came home to visit & accidentally ran over our dog, Gus in the driveway.
21. I wanted to die, too.
22. My group of friends in high school were all sort of on the fringe.
23. We are all still friends to this day, even if we don’t see each other for years at a time.
24. I was a stalker as a teenager.
25. Too awkward to talk to boys I liked, I would crank call them.
26. I am glad I do not do that anymore.
27. Caller ID sort of ruined that, anyway.
28. I did not learn to ride a bike until I was 8 years old.
29. The day I learned, there was an earthquake.
30. My cousin & I hid under the dining room table for hours in anticipation of the aftershock.
31. I have been in dozens of small earthquakes & two major earthquakes since then.
32. My ancestors survived the 1906 San Francisco Earthquake.
33. They had to live in a tent city for months afterwards.
34. I feel like there is a catastrophic earthquake in my future.
35. I am a lefty liberal independent.
36. Please vote.
37. 64 more of these to go.
38. This is hard work.
39. I am notoriously lazy.
40. My high school history teacher, Mr. Boynton called me an under achiever in front of the whole class.
41. I said: “You don’t know my life” bitch.
42. He agreed.
43. I never wanted to be a brain surgeon, rocket scientist, Congressman, so what?
44. It was not as bad as when the nun in 5th grade dumped the contents of my messy desk out in the middle of class & made me clean it up in front of everyone.
45. That was humiliating.
46. The 8th grade nun separated her class in order of good kids to bad kids.
47. I was on the side of the bad kids.
48. Seriously uncool of her.
49. She sat me in front of a really bad kid & behind the really bad kids best friend.
50. It was non-stop abuse & torture all day long.
51. I hated Catholic School.
52. I got a D in religion.
53. My head was always out the window anyway.
54. At recess, we would play hopscotch, Chinese jump rope, Jacks, regular jump rope, double jump rope, tether ball, or just play on the bars all day.
55. I miss that.
56. The summer was basically just running around playing all day until dinnertime.
57. I cracked my head open from chasing a squirrel up a tree when I was 10.
58. When I woke up after being knocked out, I saw blood pouring on the rocks. “Am I bleeding?” I asked.
59. I have been in love 4 times in my life.
60. Hopefully the last.
61. I lost my virginity when I was 18 years old on a hot summer day in Queens, NY.
62. He was a virgin, too, & we were in love.
63. There is so much more to that story, but it will ruin the moment so I wont go there.
64. My parents were married for 40 years.
65. We threw them a kick-ass surprise party for their 40th anniversary.
66. The kids & grandkids sang them a medley.
67. Everyone cried & made speeches.
68. My Mom was diagnosed with lung cancer 2 months later.
69. She died 3 months after that.
70. Her entire family surrounded her as she left this world.
71. I am grateful for that everyday.
72. There was also someone else there as she kept referring to Laurie & Tern Reynolds from Oregon.
73. No one knows who that is, but think maybe they were there as escorts or guides.
74. Part of my heart is forever gone.
75. Don’t smoke.
76. I wish I knew how to play the piano.
77. I am shy.
78. I am loud.
79. I am a nice person.
80. I love to read, especially a good literary novel.
81. I am a bigger TV watcher.
82. I am trying to break my addiction to sugar.
83. I am a snacker.
84. I am pop cultured.
85. I got caught cheating once on my geography quiz.
86. I still do not know where Ethiopia is & probably could not point out Egypt on a map.
87. But I could tell you what actor was in what film all day long.
88. I am a dog person without a dog.
89. I am afraid getting a dog will disrupt the fragile eco system that is the lives of my 2 cats.
90. Plus, we still need to build a fence.
91. I still wear way too much black.
92. I won a trip to Hawaii a few years ago.
93. I love to swim in the ocean.
94. I could tread water all day long.
95. I have red hair & fair skin.
96. I do not have enough melanin pigment to help protect my skin against the sun's harmful ultraviolet rays.
97. I can still swim in the ocean at night.
98. The odds of me being in a car accident are high.
99. I hope I do not die this way, but I might.
100. What happens to online diaries when we die?
101. Until then, be cool, have fun.
Space Holder. - February 12, 2012
BEAUTIFUL BOY - August 26, 2011
COUNTDOWN - July 13, 2011
SEXAY - June 16, 2011
BACKWARDS AND FORWARDS - May 30, 2011